“To sustainably improve the quality of life of people living within the Diocese by spreading the Good News of Christ and facilitating socio-economic empowerment in Justice and Peace”.
Catholic Diocese of Ngong
In his Encyclical, Lumen Fidei
– The light of Faith, Pope Francis, explains how: “The light of Christ shines, as in a mirror, upon the face of Christians; as it spreads, it comes, in the same way that, in the Easter liturgy, the light of the paschal candle lights countless other candles.
Faith is passed on, we might say, by contact, from one person to another, just as one candle is lighted from another.
Christians, in their poverty, plant a seed so rich that it becomes a great tree, capable of filling the world with its fruit”.
What an invitation by the Lord and the signs of the times to embrace this new phase of evangelization with renewed zeal for salvation of all in our diocese and beyond! How we should never rest until the light of Christ shines on all through us! Truth and Peace to all.
BISHOPS OCTOBER DIARY
- 5th Oct Education Committee
- 19th Oct Canonical Visitation
- Evangelizing Sisters of
- Mary Ongata Rongai
- 22nd Oct Consulters Meeting
- 23rd Oct Permanent Council
- 27th Oct Kajiado Parish